Travel Help & Advice

Even though you may now be comprehensively insured it is still important to make sure that you take care of your possessions and personal safety. All insurance policies require you to take as much care as possible to avoid loss or theft of your possessions or injury to yourself.

After all, while an insurance policy may pay for a new digital camera it can't replace the photographs you lose. And though your medical care may be paid for the two weeks you have to spend in the hospital with a broken leg, it won't compare to the holiday you should be having.

Remember: Insurance policies will not pay out unless they have to so make sure you follow any medical advice you are given and if your hotel has a safety deposit box or a safe then use it.

Here's some general advice so that you can minimise stress and hassle and get on with enjoying your trip:

And if you have to make a claim...

Should you need to claim on your policy it will go more smoothly if you do the following:

What should you do if you lose your passport?

  1. Report it immediately to the local authorities and obtain a "certificate of loss" or a police report.
  2. Fill out a Lost or Stolen Passport Notification (LS01) form.
  3. Take the completed LS01 form along with the completed police report to the nearest UK British Consulate to apply for a replacement passport - remember to take some identification with you as you will have to prove your identity before you will be issued with a replacement. This may take some time so do it as soon as possible.