Enquiries up for travel insurance

0 comments

The recession is certainly not stopping people going on holiday this summer, as Confused.com has just reported a 63% increase in the amount of visitors enquiring about travel insurance compared to the same time last year.

This is great news as not only are people still determined to go on holiday, but they are also wising up to the problems of going abroad without travel insurance.

There have been a number of well-publicised horror stories of people going on holiday without insurance only to end up paying out a small fortune when they find themselves in hospital, and perhaps these have finally managed to get people to see that going abroad without insurance really is no longer an option.

However, there has been a change in the types of policies that are being purchased. Confused.com has reported that a greater number of people are now switching to single-trip insurance rather than multi trip, and on the website 70% of the enquiries are now for single trip, whilst the remaining 30% are for multi trip. This suggests that people still want travel insurance but that they are looking for the cheapest deal that they can find.

The head of travel insurance at Confused.com, Steve Williams, said that he thought the swine flu outbreak could have made people more aware of the dangers of not taking out travel insurance. The thought of spending a few nights in hospital and not being able to afford it is certainly not something that many people would want to risk, and in this sense the outbreak has been good in getting people to take their insurance more seriously.


Comments

Leave your comments

Name:
Email:
Comments:
 
Please enter the validation code shown   
 
 
Your email address is required so we can verify that the comment is genuine. It will not be posted anywhere on the site, will be stored confidentially by us and never given out to any third party.

No comments have currently been left